PACK 61 CAMPING ETIQUETTE
For the full enjoyment of camping by the scouts and for the safety and protection of all, we have set forth the following rules for pack camping:
- No electronic devices (includes DS, laptops, TV’s DVD’s, etc).
- Follow Youth Protection rules. No adults in the bathroom with other children. No adults in tents with other children. No adults sharing tents that are not legally married. Do not put yourself at risk of allegations.
- Always use the Buddy System. Every scout needs a buddy at all times. Never wonder off alone. Always let adults know where you are going.
- Two Deep Leadership. If you have a den activity with your scouts, make sure you have two adult leaders on your excursion.
- Liquid flammables are not recommended for scout camping.
- Smoking (cigarettes, pipes, cigars, etc.) needs to be a minimum of 50 feet away from the camp and out-of-sight from the scouts.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted.
- Leave no trace. As scouts, we will leave the camp cleaner than we find it.
- No den water activities. Families may choose to.
- Field Uniforms (Class A) for flag ceremonies, campfires and interfaith worship service. Scouting t-shirts (Class B) for other times. No inappropriate clothing please.
- Use Common Sense.